GISGRO Release Notes
July 2, 2020
- Online demo: New GISGRO demo can now be viewed without logging in: demo.gisgro.com
- QPS integration: QPS Qinsy software users can share survey data online with their clients by uploading the data to GISGRO directly from their menu. Check out our user guide on uploading directly: How to upload from QPS Qinsy
- OBJ support: Users may now upload and share datasets in .obj format. Check out the user guide for all supported file types: Supported data formats and how to upload
- Sharing datasets to clients updated: Workflow of sharing dataset(s) to clients has been simplified and the user interface of the uploading page has been updated. Surveyor license users can now share datasets simply by choosing the dataset(s) they want to share, input the receiver’s email and click share. After sharing, the user can track when the shared dataset has been received and accepted by the client. After the client has accepted the dataset(s), the surveyor can no longer view the changes or additions made by the client. The surveyor is still able to make edits to the uploaded dataset and share the edited version again to the client.Read more in the user guide: Sharing datasets with clients
- Preview dataset: Surveyor license users can now preview the completed dataset(s) before sharing to the client. In addition, depth tools have been added to the use of the surveyor before sharing. More information here
- Tags to assets: Utilizer license users can now add tags to assets. With tags, the user can more efficiently organize the assets in order to improve the utilization of the data. Read more about creating and adding tags here
- Mobile view: Utilizer license holders can access their GISGRO account in mobile. In order ensure the usability, the mobile view has few limitations in comparison to desktop version. For example, 3D view, measurement & depth tools have been removed, as the main purpose of the mobile view at this point is utilization of the assets. Try the mobile view by logging in to GISGRO with a mobile device. Read more about the mobile view here
- Maintenance plan update: Scheduled inspections tab is now renamed on the navigation panel. It allows the admin users to set up inspection scheduling and assigning assets to specific inspectors. Check out the user guide for more info: How to update maintenance plans for assets
- Observation preview update: The observation preview has been updated for better viewing experience. The users can use arrows on the top to preview all observations in one survey area.
- Accepting new datasets: Receiving datasets shared by a surveyor has been made even easier. See more about how to accept the new datasets in the user guide
April 27, 2020
- Observations: users can now preview all observations in the observation window under the 3D view using the arrows at the top to preview the next or the previous observation. Check the user guide for details: Observations
- Data usage tracking: the amount of storage and bandwidth data used in relation to the maximum data limits can now be viewed under the user settings in the navigation panel.
- Image preview: attached images of observations have an updated UI with the option of rotating images
- Schedule inspections tab is a new feature available in the navigation panel. It allows the admin users to set up inspection scheduling and assigning assets to specific inspectors. All users are able to perform and preview the inspections scheduled. Check out the user guide for more details: Schedule Inspections
- Data usage tracking: the amount of storage and bandwidth data used in relation to the maximum data limits can now be viewed under the organization settings in the navigation panel. Check out the user guide for all features of the settings: Organization Settings
- Subcontractors can now preview all their work orders in one page along with their status updates instantly instead of waiting for emails.
- Asset visibility can now be defined by zoom level per asset category by an admin. Check out the user guide for more details: Categories and User Groups
- Image preview: attached images of observations and remarks have an updated UI with the option of rotating images
- Documents tab has an updated UI design
- Measurements made are now always visible on the survey area. Check out the user guide on how to make measurements: Measurement Tools
- Press ESC to deactivate tool currently selected
- Measurement lines are thicker, which makes it easier to view
February 28, 2020
New Look and Features
To enhance the GISGRO user experience, we have given GISGRO a new improved look. For a quick tour of the changes visit here: Summary of the Updated GISGRO User Interface. Read the below points for more information about the effects of the changes, along with the information about the new features.
- Sign-in page has an updated user interface. New users can directly register for a 14-day free trial before purchasing a license.
- Updated license purchasing options in the web store.
- Updated user interface for the 3D tools.
- The asset management license plans have been renamed to utilizer license plans.
- Navigation panel for all users is now on the left, no longer on the top right corner of the screen. The panel can be minimized in order to maximize the working space. For more info click here: Overview and how to navigate
- Observations and milestones can now be placed under the same 3D view setting. Observations can also be added by right-clicking the mouse. Click here for more details about: placing milestones or observations
- Colormaps can now be added under layer settings in the 3D view. Now it is also possible to rename the point cloud segment. Click here for more info: Color mapping
- Access all your clients’ information using the “Organization” tab in the navigation panel.
- Use the ‘edit’ icon to edit client details or click on ‘open’ to access the organization under map view.
- Navigation panel for all users is now on the left, no longer on the top right corner of the screen. The panel can be minimized in order to maximize the working space. For more info, click here: How to navigate
- If you have multiple survey locations for one organization, you can now select your region using this new organization icon. Click here for more info: Select inspection region from multiple locations
- Remarks can be made the same way as before except, assets are now separated from repair and comment remarks. Comments and repairs are now under the same menu. Click here to view the updated tools menu: How to navigate
- Remarks user interface has been updated.
- Placement of the tools menu has been updated to be the same in both, the map view and the 3D view.
- Asset category configuration can now be done under organization settings in the navigation panel. Click here for more info: Categories and User Groups
- New feature: User groups can now be created to give a certain group exclusive rights to access or view particular asset categories. Click here to view how to create and use user groups: Categories and User Groups
February 10, 2020
- The trial user has an option to ‘create demo’ by uploading demo data (provided by us) instead of uploading own point cloud data file. Watch here to find out how: How to get started with GISGRO – Free Trial
- Different separators are now supported in point cloud files. read more in here: Upload data and file format
- The surveyor can now upload .las file format in point cloud, an industry standard binary format that is more compact, and takes less processing time.
- Observations can now be made without having to add milestones as a prerequisite . Read here for more info: Observations
For asset managers
- The UX of the map tools has been updated
- Users can now add work orders to asset remarks as well as repair remarks. Read here for more info: Work Orders
- You can now easily import your assets to GISGRO. More info here: How to import Assets
- Exports can now be taken of contours and soundings. Read here for more info: Export contours and Soundings
- The survey area (Map View) selection pop-up is replaced with a side panel on the right.
- Remarks status for any repair remark can be updated from a drop down menu by anyone directly. You can choose from an option of 4 status updates. Read here for more info: Repair
- Picture attachments to any Assets, Repairs or Comments can now be downloaded by simply clicking the download icon adjacent to the picture.