Observations can be used by surveyors as a tool to direct attention towards a specific point or area within the dataset. The added observations are automatically gathered into the report. You can select the type and severity of the observation. The observations placed before a chainage is made will automatically be added to the respected chainage upon creation.
You can add Point or Line observations. Observation allows the user to examine and draw attention to a specific point or line in the dataset.
In the 3D view, select the Point or Line observation icon from the tools, pick a point by click on the dataset.
You may also place an observation by right-clicking directly on the dataset
Enter observation info
Enter details regarding the observation:
- Choose the Severity of the observation from the classifications (Info, Slight, Significant, Severe)
- Add a description of the observation
- Add attachments or images from the clipboard or upload from computer
The location of the observation will be filled by default if you have a chainage
Click observation icon from the right menu to see more info on all observations. Click ‘Edit’ icon to modify observation info and add images. Change observation order by clicking and dragging the observation title up or down.
Add screenshots / images to observation
In the edit observation view:
- Click image icon to add screenshot from current view to observation or click clipboard icon to add image from files.
- Add image text when attaching the image or screenshot.
Change image order by clicking and dragging the image title up or down.
Adding chainage allows observations to be linked to a certain location in a dataset. If you add a chainage after you have added observations, the observations will be automatically linked to the added chainage.
Add chainage (in meters) to your survey area using this feature in the 3D view:
- ‘Open 3D view’ under reporting and observations.
- Activate chainage tool from the dataset info panel to add a new chainage.
- Select points in the dataset according to desired chainage.
- Hold Shift to end line.
To make exact vertical or horizontal perpendicular chainage, hold the Ctrl key as you click, hold the Shift key to end the chainage.
Fill in the details:
- Label: Identification for the chainage. Can only contain lower/uppercase letters (A-Z).
- Label distance: Distance between two labels.
- Start labeling from: Starting number of the chainage.
- Height offset: Distance above the selected points in the dataset.
To edit a chainage, open the selected chainage from the dataset info panel, click Edit or Remove.
If you don’t see added chainage in dataset, please check if ‘Chainages’ are set to visible via layers.