January 28, 2021
New Smoother Map View
We’ve updated GISGRO map view to give you a smoother experience when working on the map features. In addition, we’ve made updates on the user interface and tools. Read more about the updates below. You can also book a demo on the new features with our specialist.
- Base map changed: The new base map is visually clearer and enables new functionalities.
- Measurement tools updated: The measurements are shown in a separate panel. You can modify the measurements after activating the measurement by clicking it. Rectangle is removed and volume calculation is included in the area measurement. Read more about the measurement tools for utilizers and for surveyors.
- Map movements: Rotate the map by holding down the right-side button of the mouse.
- Choosing a dataset, an asset or a marker: When there are multiple overlapping datasets, assets or markers on the map, a pop-up opens after a click, where you can to choose the one you want to view.
- Layers updated: You can now switch to the “dark mode” of GISGRO from the layers panel. In addition, “Your location” -button is now located in the bottom right corner of the map.
- Clustering of assets and markers: Assets and markers are clustered on the map, zoom in to see more. This feature is especially handy if you have large amount of markers.
- Circle marker: You can now mark an asset, repair or a comment with a circle shape.
- Vessel planner updated: Vessel is rotated by left-clicking the vessel and holding down the right-side button of a mouse.
- Asset categories: More category colors have been added for assets. You can choose and change the colors in category settings.
- Adding markers: An area or a line marker can now be added directly from the map by right-clicking the mouse and choosing “Add area marker” or “Add line marker”.
- Dataset comparison tool: The new dataset comparison tool enables comparing bathymetric charts of two different datasets. The tool is included in the bathymetric tools.
- Clustering of datasets: Datasets are clustered on the map, zoom in to see more. In addition, it is possible to view the datasets on the map even when zooming out. This feature is especially handy if you have large amount of datasets.
- Dataset rotation: Dataset is rotated by holding down the right-side button of a mouse.
- Bathymetric chart to observations: Bathymetric chart is now visible in the screen shots taken for observations.